Instructions for authors and the peer-review process
For submission of your article to the peer-review process, please use the e-mail address of a member of the executive editorial board: email@example.com
Texts are to be sent in the Word format.
The text is limited 15 standard pages (i.e. 27000 characters).
The text is a historical-pedagogical research study or an overview study.
The text is written in accordance with the rules for citing.
The declaration given below is attached to the text:
I declare that the text has not been offered to any other journal for publication and I agree that in case of publication of the article in the Journal, copyright is assigned to the National Pedagogical Museum and Library of J. A. Comenius.
- The author submits his/her article to the editorial office by e-mail.
- The author is notified within 10 days of receipt of the article.
- The author is notified within 30 days of reference of the article to the peer-review process, or of refusal to refer the submitted article to the peer-review process.
- Reviews by independent reviewers are sent to the author within 60 days after receipt of the article.
- Reviews are written by two independent experts, who are not employed by the same employer as the author, and are not in the conflict of interest with the author or origin of the articles. Editorial office archives the reviews for 5 years at least.
- If the text is recommended for publication by both of the reviewers, it is published in the closest issue of the Journal.
- If both the reviews, or one of them recommend completion or rewriting of the text, the author expresses himself/herself within 10 days after receipt of the review, if he/she completes or rewrites the text and indicates the date of the planned submission of the completed text.
- If the reviews are negative, and the text is not recommended for publication, it is returned to the author.
- If the text is not completed and revised, it is sent to the editorial office or reviewers to peer-review process by the specified date. The author submits together with the revised text also his/her statement to reviewer’s recommendation and how they have been taken into consideration.
- If the reviewer or editorial office do not find the revisions sufficiently in line to recommendations of the peer-review process, the text is refused and the peer-review process is terminated. In the positive case, the text is accepted for publication in the closest issue of the journal Historia scholastica.
© Národní pedagogické muzeum a knihovna J. A. Komenského 2016